JupyterDay in the Triangle
November 13, 2018
The Carolina Club at UNC
150 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 USA
If your organization is a fan of Project Jupyter and would like to give back to the community, we are looking for contributors and sponsors. If you are interested, please contact us for further information.
- Chris Erdmann, The Carpentries/California Digital Library
- Chris Calloway, RENCI, PyData Triangle
- Tony Fast, Data Scientist, Founder of Atlanta Jupyter User Group
- Ginny Ghezzo, IBM, Pythonistas
- Peter Parente, Valassis Digital, Project Jupyter Steering Council
- Devin Shackle, Advance Auto Parts
- Therese Triumph, UNC Libraries
- Elaine Westbrooks, UNC Libraries
If you are interested in presenting or leading a discussion at the event, please submit a proposal (closed) by
September 28, 2018 October 12, 2018 for any of the following timeslots:
- A 25 minute talk
- A 5 minute talk
- A birds of a feather session
Any Jupyter-related topic you think would be of interest to attendees will be of interest to us! Selected speakers and session leads receive free admission.
If you are interested in attending the JupyterDay in the Triangle event, you can purchase your ticket by visiting our EventBrite page.
- 8:00am — 9:00am: Check-in, network, and enjoy breakfast
- 9:00am — 9:30am: Introductions & logistics
- 9:30am — 10:30am: Keynote with Q&A
- 10:30am — 10:45am: Relax, it’s break time
- 10:45am - 12:00pm: Two brief 25 minute talks
- 12:00pm — 1:00pm: Lunchtime
- 1:00pm — 2:00pm: Two brief 25 minute talks
- 2:00pm — 2:15pm: Relax, it’s time for some PM snacks and a break
- 2:15pm — 3:30pm: Lightning talks from attendees, 5 minutes each
- 3:30pm — 5:00pm: Birds of a feather discussions on topics from the community
Note: Breakfast, lunch, and PM snacks will be served.
There are several parking options, including the Rams Head Parking Deck on Ridge Road (closest to venue) and metered parking along South Road and Country Club Road. Please see the Department of Public Safety’s Map of Visitor and Metered Parking for a complete list of visitor parking on UNC’s campus.
General Visitor Parking
Ramshead Parking Deck
33 Ridge Rd, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
4 minute walk to The Carolina Club
Raleigh Road/ Highway 54 Parking lot
14 minute walk uphill to The Carolina Club
Morehead Planetarium/Franklin Street
250 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
12 minute walk to The Carolina Club, usually full by 9 am
Local Area Transportation
Chapel Hill/UNC’s bus service is free and open to the public. Please see the Town of Chapel Hill Transit – List of all routes and schedules.
GoTriangle is a regional service connecting Chapel Hill to Durham, Raleigh, and other parts of the Triangle. Please see the GoTriangle website for details.
Additional local and regional transit information is available at http://move.unc.edu/transit/
370 East Main Street, Unit 100
Carrboro, North Carolina, 27510
(919) 904- 7712
Aloft Chapel Hill
1001 South Hamilton Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27517
Code of Conduct
Project Jupyter is an engaged and respectful community made up of people from all over the world. Your involvement helps us to further our mission and to create an open platform that serves a broad range of communities, from research and education, to journalism, industry and beyond.